I got robbed by AT&T - The Store stole my phone
- I am looking for someone who can help me to better address this matter.
- Should I file a police report? Or involve an attorney?
- This whole drama has been going on since October 2021.
- I have spent many hours in the store, even more hours on the phone with AT&T support and customer service to resolve my issue.
- October 2021 - I purchased an iPhone Mini 12 in the AT&T Store (PINECROFT Store in SPRING, TX., 28033 IH 45 NORTH, AT&T Store, SPRING, TX 77380)
- 24 hours later, I returned the iPhone 12 to get the iPhone 13.
- So the iPhone 12 got returned, I paid the restocking fee of US$50, and I paid the full amount on the iPhone 13, being told the money on the returned iPhone 12 would be refunded to back to my credit card.
- Well, and that refund never happened. I have all receipts from the process.
- Ever since I have been back to the store multiple times and spent long hours there.
- Managers changed, people changed at the store. But, the agents in the store on each visit confirmed that the phone had been returned, and they could also see in their system that the refund had never happened.
- A ticket was created, and I was told that someone in the back office needed to approve the ticket, and then I would get my refund.
- And this process has repeated itself multiple times by now. I am still without the refund.
- My suspicion is, that the phone got stolen in the store, by the agent that processed the return of the iPhone. In order for the theft to go undetected, he fumbled with the return ticket, resulting in the refund not being disbursed. Of course, I cannot prove the theft, but I can proof that I have returned the iPhone and that I did not get the refund.
What can I do to get my nearly 700 dollars back? I am not even talking about the 60-70 hours I must have spent in trying to get my money….