Me switching from Verizon to AT&T 8/21/2020:
1. AT&T Quoted me $15 per month installment plan for a promotion on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. We received the phone. Then received our bill to find out it is $33 per month. I called and they admitted that they sold me the wrong promotion. The promotion they told me is actually for the Galaxy Note 20. Because it is past the 14 day return period they said I could hopefully exchange the phone in the store with a manager.
2. AT&T Rep named Rose quoted me $130 per month for 3 lines unlimited talk, text, data and hotspot. When I went to use my hotspot on 9/5/2020 it wouldn't work. I called and the rep said he would add that hotspot at not additional plan cost to me because I wasn't told that hotspot was extra.
3. AT&T Rep did not mention $30 per line activation fee.
4. AT&T Rep quoted me $16 for iphone 11. The bill actually says $11. Clearly AT&T reps are a little confused.
5. I am expecting my first bill to be around $160 plus taxes and fees. It is $418. AT&T says it is because I activated the plan a week before the billing cycle, and the first bill is an extra month ahead. So the bill is about 9 weeks of service, and they charged me $150 for my plan, $33 for the Samsung, and $11 for the iphone. None of these prices are what were discussed over the phone and there is absolutely nothing they can do for me after several phone calls...hours on the phone. I have requested the recordings of the phone calls and they claim a manager will listen to them and call me back. I also requested a copy of all of the "notes" they are taking. AT&T LIED. I have been deceived. My monthly bill total went from a $161 quote to $205.
ACE - Expert
2 years ago
This forum is not customer support. No one here has access to your account. File an FCC or BBB complaint but be advised, ATT generally doesn’t honor incorrect quotes. All of ATT’s plans, prices and phone deals are online. Those are the prices they honor. They also will not provide you the recordings of phone calls.
2 years ago
Calls are recorded at random for quality and training purposes ONLY. Also, you will not get a copy of internal notes as they are the property of AT&T.
-------------------INCLUDED IN EACH POST FOR CLARIFICATION______
While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses. As employees we are not rewarded nor compensated to participate in these forums This forum is comprised of regular customers to communicate with other customers to offer advice and share experiences same as any other user Although there is a small team of customer care specialists that monitor the forums the sheer volume of posts are simply too many posts for these agents to respond to each one of them.