Transfering a number to atnt
I had previous service with straight talk. I need to transfer my number from straight talk to atnt. I already have a new phone and line with atnt. I need to transfer my old phone number to my new phone. How can I do that if i already have the line for my new phone activated and i want to transfer my old number to it.
11 months ago
We're happy to assist with information on transferring your number @Tornado_dude12.
In order to switch your old phone number to your new phone, you will need to complete the transfer to bring the line to AT&T.
Enter your 10-digit phone number on our Transfer eligibility page to see if it can be transferred when you switch to AT&T. If your line is eligible, then proceed with the transfer process.
It’s easy to bring your number when you order online. But first, it’s important that you do not cancel service with your old provider until the port process completes. Cancelling service with your old provider will result in the number transfer and wireless order being cancelled. When you’re ready to bring your number to AT&T:
1. Choose Keep my number at checkout.
2. Enter the phone number you want to bring to AT&T.
3. Verify and add your carrier information. Be sure to enter it correctly so we can process the request. If there are errors in the information you enter it may delay the number transfer. Online orders will be canceled if not resolved.
Once we have your account information, we’ll begin to work with your current carrier to approve the number transfer. We won't officially bring your phone number to AT&T until you authorize the transfer and the process is complete. Here are a few things to know:
- If we can't confirm your transfer immediately, we'll work with your current wireless company and email you when we have an update. Please check your email in case we need you to take additional steps.
- Your current service will continue to work until you authorize us to transfer your number to AT&T and the transfer is complete.
- Don’t cancel your current wireless service. Your number must be active so we can bring it to AT&T. We'll contact you if we need more information or if there is a problem.
- When you activate, you may experience "mixed service" for up to 4 hours. This means your old device may receive calls while your new device can make calls. This is due to the time it takes for your phone number to move through all the systems between your current wireless company and AT&T. SMS/MMS messages could take up to 8 hours to work properly while this happens.
- Data will work on your new phone immediately after you activate.
Once you have completed the transfer on to your account. You will have the option to insert your SIM to your new device, and during the activation on the Sim use the old phone number to activate your new device.
We hope this information is helpful. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions. Thank you for contacting AT&T Community Forums.
Alasani, AT&T Community Specialist
ACE - Sage
11 months ago
PAC (Port Activation Center) at 888.898.7685.