Need help understanding your bill?
Brycerwr05's profile

New Member


1 Message

Monday, August 8th, 2022 2:50 PM

My mom died about 4 months ago and i haven't been able to get off of the family plan she had my phone apart of

My mom passed about 4 months ago and I have been trying to close our family account with my phone my sisters and my mom's. I need to separate my account and I don't know if that's a possibility or not. my mom usually handled everything with our phones and I don't know how to proceed with removing my account I enjoy my plan i went to the AT&T in my town and showed them her death certificate and they said unless I had the password and userID I wouldn't be able to access or split my account is there any way around opening a new account and changing my number. Please Help!!! thank you :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert


64.7K Messages

2 years ago

There are two ways to get your number off that account, a transfer of billing responsibility or port your number to a different carrier. In order to do a transfer of billing responsibility, someone needs to have access to the  account in order to initiate the transfer. To port your number, you need the account number and a port pin. If you know the account number, you may be able to get a port pin without account access. However, there must be some way for you or someone else on the account to access the account. The account user id is almost certainly her email address and knowing that, you should be able to reset the password. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.