Activate your New Phone – Steps from AT&T
If you purchased your phone online, you may need to activate your new phone and SIM card before use. Below we have helpful tips to make this an easy process.
Once you are done activating your device, you can log in to your myAT&T account where you can check information like billing, features, upgrade options, and much more!
Activating your device
- Insert the SIM card - You can also find this information in your user manual.
- Go to att.com/activations.
- Select Activate your device for AT&T wireless device.
- Enter the required information.
- Select Continue.
- Follow the prompts to complete your activation.
Heads Up: If you are trading in your device, you can normally move your SIM to your new device. (the SIM card must be the same size).
New to AT&T? Make sure to sign into your account
- Go to the Create a User ID site
- Follow the prompts
Once you create a User ID, don’t forget to sign up for autopay.
- Transfer your information from your old device to your new one
- Learn how to use your device and features
- Protect your device from drops and scratches
- Protect your investment with AT&T Device Protection
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.