AT&T prepaid mobile phone plan - wifi calling and receiving texts from international numbers
I am looking into getting a prepaid AT&T 3-month plan (8GB data, unlimited text and talk for $33/month + taxes etc) for my mobile phone and was wondering if anyone knows whether:
- You can you use wi-fi calling on this sort of plan
- Whether you can receive texts from international phone numbers on this sort of plan (and whether there is an additional charge for this) - the website says there is 'unlimited text to over 230 countries'- so I understand you could send a text to an international number from your ATT plan on this phone, but it doesn't clarify if you would also be able to receive texts from international numbers on this plan (and if so, if there 's an additional charge beyond the initial prepaid package).
ACE - Expert
1 year ago
Yes to both questions. Presuming you are traveling from overseas, your biggest concern is whether your phone will be supported. Due to ATT shutting down their 3G network, only phones on ATT’s list of supported phones can be activated. You need to make sure your phone is on the list. Here is the list:
1 year ago
Thank you - really helpful!
ACE - Sage
1 year ago
The 3 month plan has to be purchased and activated the same as the one year plan.
Please read, this will apply to your purchase:
AT&T Prepaid $300 for 12 months Promo (ADVICE WHEN SIGNING UP)
After signing up for AT&T Prepaid and the $300 promo offer and having issues with activation:
1. Sign up via website and fill in all appropriate information including porting info, shipping address, credit card, etc. SIM card may be shipped overnight via FedEx.
2. Once you receive your SIM card and have your phone ready, call 866 975 0050 to activate via phone and have your AT&T Order # handy.
4. Explain you'd like to activate your service and provide phone number, SIM card and IMEI. The agent will then ask you for payment to activate service.
5. \*\*THIS IS IMPORTANT\*\* To avoid getting double charged, tell them you've already provided that when you ordered and tell them they can do this via your AT&T Order #. Provide that to them and do NOT provide a credit/debit card to them.
6. If they claim they can't do this, ask to speak with a supervisor or someone else. Your account will be activated and within 30 minutes or so the payment of $300 + taxes will get charged to your credit card you provided during the initial order. Your service will not work until this payment is applied, but in my experience it took anywhere from 5 min to 25 min.
7. Once this is complete, you can setup your account online and manage your account via the website: [https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html](https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html)
If you provided a credit card number and end up getting charged twice, call the AT&T Payments/Refunds line at: 866 608 3007 and they will look up your account and process the refund.
1 year ago
We'll be happy to answer this for you @lauren777!
You can indeed use Wi-Fi Calling on prepaid, as long as you have a compatible device.
You can text to and receive texts from any of the countries listed here.
Thank you for your interest in our services. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We'll be happy to assist.
Darais, AT&T Community Specialist