att trade in process is meh
The ATT trade in process is overall a mess:
- In the package, the instructions contained stated to sent phone back with the included shipping label (which was actually a BRE label for returning the new device if you have buyer's remorse).
- Had to request a trade-in kit, fortunately came quickly
- Cannot insure trade in package as label is created by ATT
- Package has been "moving in network" for several days now, no updates
- Seems like a lot of other's have this problem
- Honestly if it does go through after this phone is paid off I will probably be switching back to Verizon. Trade in processes seems to be made purposefully nebulous, which honestly is enough for me to switch carriers.
- Obviously, if package gets lost in transit I will most definitely switch to Verizon immediately and pay off both my wife's phone and mine. It is insane they do not let you insure the package, as we know USPS is mostly garbage and they continue to use USPS knowing well they lose phones. One could say it is a USPS problem and not ATT, but not really if it is the only carrier allowed to return trade-in phones to ATT, if I had a choice I would pay UPS myself to ship it back, but the label contains specific information for the trade in so...
Overall, even if it pans out, the process is not great and does not seem to have improved. Likely back to Verizon!