Fellow customers: Got a nonbranded, unlocked phone? Report here on how it works with AT&T
A lot of customers post questions about using unlocked, non-ATT branded Asian-made phones on the AT&T network -- this is a thread where members can review / post their personal experiences using various unlocked phones with ATT.
Customer Reviews -- Using Unlocked, Unsupported Phones on ATT
- Exact make and model of phone (different models have different frequencies -- mostly an issue with Huawei)
- Whether you are on ATT Prepaid or Postpaid
- Your version of Android (in Settings / About Phone or about Tablet)
- Where you live. (note: reception varies block to block -- great speeds in your town doesn't guarantee service at your house -- on any phone, supported or not).
- Optional: Frequency Bands Your Phone Uses.
(For the convenience of those reading this thread, a chart of ATT's current operating frequencies is below).
I will write my review on the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 below. Thanks for participating!
AT&T frequency bands currently being used