Pre-paid SIM card in iPhone 5 - Travelling from Canada to US
I am taking my iPhone 5 from Canada to US for a week. I have a pre-paid SIM card from AT&T that a friend loaned me. He bought it while on a recent trip to Vegas It has unlimited data/texts/local local calls for 30 days (approx 14 left).
I have a couple questions:
- Has anyone used and found successful/not?
- What were the barriers, if any?
- The "unlimited local" calls: Do they need to be in the state that the card was purchased (NV)? I am travelling to CA, then TX and dont really need to make any calls, but just in case.
- I heard about an App named Fongo that works like internet calling for a land line, and uses Data. Anyone used it? I am currently in Canada and only seem to be able to download a Canadian version. WIll that be different once I am in the US?
- Can I text to Canada via iMessage while in the US? Assuming that won't rack up charges, but best to ask.
Those are the only questions I can think of. There may be more, but in the meantime thank you for any input!