emkcmo's profile

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 5:40 PM

Downed line

My house had landline service over a decade ago. The weather brought the line down, but  it is still attached to the utility pole and my house. I've attempted to call AT&T four times now. Every time I'm prompted to get a call back I put in my information and never hear back from them. The city said there is nothing they can do about it because it was Southwestern Bell, now AT&T property. It's laying across my entire yard and is a safety hazard.

Community Support

 • 

229.6K Messages

1 year ago

We're here to assist with the downed line in your area, @emkcmo!

 

Due to the nature of your concern, let's move this conversation into a direct message. This way we can email the appropriate team with your request. Be on the lookout for a chat notification in the upper right-hand portion of the page, next to the bell icon.

 

We look forward to speaking with you!

 

CalebP, AT&T Community Specialist 

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Update: AT&T put in a repair ticket and sent out a technician on 3/17/23. The line was quickly disconnected from our house with no damage. I think it’s still hanging from the main pole, but I have no complaints and am fully satisfied with the resolution. After trying other methods, this community forum has been the fastest way to get my issues resolved. 

Community Support

 • 

229.6K Messages

11 months ago

Glad to hear the technician was able to get this taken care of for you, @emkcmo

 

If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out! Thank you for contacting AT&T Community Forums! 

 

Raiden, AT&T Community Specialist 

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have been calling for more than a month regarding down lines presenting stangulaion risk to small children but have been unable to get AT&T to repair.  They open and close tickets without resolvign the issue.  I have spent at least 8 hrs on the phone trying to get this issue reolved.  Can someone please suggest a way to get this resolved. 

Former Employee

 • 

22K Messages

10 months ago

@MPGallo 

Zip code?

pics?

my initial thought is the line in question does not belong to ATT, a tech would not touch a different providers line.

If the line is coax, need to contact the local cable provider.

If line is telco, which telco… ATT, CenturyLink, Fairpoint, Frontier, TDS, Windstream are just some of the possibilities. 
in my zip code ATT covers 90% of addresses or about 13500 out of 15000. CenturyLink covers the other 10% or 1500 addresses. 

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

10 months ago

@my thoughts

94025

Appreciate your response.  Unfortunately, they have already attempted the repair.  Used zip ties to hold up the line in the middle of the yard and pushed the slack to the corners and into the trees.  Two tickets have been opened and two tickets have been closed.  Neither of them stating that it is not their line.  First one claimed repair completed (zip ties.)

  Second claimed they need access to neighbors house and it was not available.

Tech who came out has a vm that claims he will call back with in 4 hours,  He does not.  The number he lists for his supervisor is disconnected.  Unfortunatley, Based on my expereince and those of others posting here AT&T appears to be a goat rodeo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.