Seeking recommendations for unlocked VoLTE phone that AT&T will not support after 3G phase-out
I'm sure the 3G/2G phase-out has been discussed a bunch here.
My unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10e is an Asian model but fully supports 4G and VoLTE. I've been using it on AT&Ts network for 1.5 years but they did-not or would-not activate VoLTE. The 3G/2G phase out in Feb-2022 now appears to be have me black-listed. Mine is model SM-G970F/DS while the one on the white list is SM-G970U1. They offered to send me a replacement phone, but it's an Alcatel TCT-5059R which I don't see as comparable.
I'm soliciting for options. I'm thinking:
- Fight to enable VoLTE in the network (it's enabled on the phone, but not in the network)
- Fight for a comparable replacement phone (an S10, 20, or something close)
- Switch to T-Mobile. Supported but I worry about the same thing happening later.
- Switch to a different alternate carrier (Verizon not supported by this phone, but there's probably others I could flee to)
- Buy a new phone and sell the old one... (Edited per community guidelines) it up as an expensive lesson learned in how carriers support unlocked phones
- Scrap it all and start over fresh with a new carrier and device