Open NAT Type & Mobile Hotspots - A Solution From AT&T
Gaming on a Hotspot
Open NAT Type - How to Open UPnP
If you are here, you are wondering how to open the NAT (network address translation) on your Hotspot. Unfortunately, most mobile Hotspots do not have the ability to open the NAT due to software limitations.
Not to worry, we have a solution! The AT&T Nighthawk Hotspot Router does allow you to open the NAT. Check out the instructions below to access UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) settings.
Want to get one? Order the AT&T Nighthawk Hotspot Router today.
How to open UPnP
- From a computer that is connected to the Nighthawk router, launch a web browser.
- To view the mobile router Wi-Fi network name, press the router Power button to navigate through screens until the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) displays.
- Enter http://attwifimanager in the web browser.
- A login page displays; enter the administrator login password.
- The dashboard displays; select Settings > Router > Basic.
- Turn on UPnP.
- Open ports for your game (You may need to search for them online)
Note: At this time, the Nighthawk is the only Hotspot that allows NAT configuring. If you have another HotSpot, there are no settings or updates AT&T can perform to change this at it is a limitation with the HotSpot itself. AT&T is unable to swap out a HotSpot for the Nighthawk.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.