Does ATT HOME phone service offer black and white lists?
1. I am NOT interested in a cell phone or cell phone service. The service would need to be one offered by ATT on the phone service itself.
2. It is not that I cannot afford a cell phone, I see no reason to pay for something I neither want nor need. When I am away from home it is quiet time, friend time, relaxation time. I do not want to be interrupted by phone calls.
2. I am currently using StraightTalk but I want something that offers white lists or at least black lists.
3. I get on average 3-4 nuisance telephone calls per day. Everything from insurance, politicians, car maintenance plans, home repair, credit repair, ... to phone calls from the prisoners in the local jail asking me to pay for their bail (turns out some just dial a random number and ask). I would like to be able to filter to block all phone calls from outside a few area codes AND (logical AND) prefixes (black list) and actually place a priority on maybe 50 numbers (white list).
4. I really do not need unlimited local calls nor included nationwide long distance service. I am perfectly happy to pay by the minute for long distance, I use it that little except for 1-800 numbers. I do need to be able to receive long distance calls (from the white list numbers).