Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help connecting your router?
hermanmx's profile

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2023 7:10 PM

CFST install required at condo

I have tried to get in contact with construction engineers to get my CONDO complex updated to fiber.  I have had technicians come out and have been informed that we need a CFTS installed so we can splice in fiber off the main trunk.  There is no one that seems to be helping me from ATT.  In the words of their technician "We are a communication company that doesnt communicate"  Please someone help this is crazy.

Former Employee

 • 

22.5K Messages

1 year ago

First if checking your address online is fiber showing availability?

If no, your condo was not included in the fiber plans, have seen single family subdivisions upgraded to fiber while the apartment / condo complexes on the edge of the subdivision was not included.

Have also seen the exact opposite where several buildings/unit apartment complex (400+) receive fiber while the subdivion next to the complex did not.

If yes, is the CFST on a pole (most likely) or buried?

Have seen four port aerial CFST to service (2) 4 unit buildings, total of 8 units but only four connections.

Cannot add fiber strands, only limited number of fiber strands per fiber cable which are distributed based upon engineering plans not the actual number of addresses to be serviced. 

There is a four wire drop that can be installed from CFST terminal to side of a building where a sub terminal is placed. This does not add to the total port’s availability at the CFST but limits the need to run (4) individual drops with the installation of a single multi drop… I suspect this is what a tech is referring to. The work would need to be completed by a different workgroup that generally installs business accounts not residential service for multi port fiber to side of building. 

Again the fiber ports would need to have been designed, planned for and provided for the MDU fiber… this may not have been done in which case may be part of the 50% of addresses that will not be upgraded by 2026.

30+ million will receive fiber available and 30+ million will not unless ATT adds a 3rd 5 year fiber build out from 2026 to end 2030. At 15 million per build out 75% of addresses would have fiber available in 2030…. Still leaves 25% (15 million) that would not have fiber.

Just my thoughts…

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yes it shows availability.  Im just trying to get in contact with someone at AT&T who can give me direct answers for all of the scenarios you mentioned in your response.  The frustrating thing is there is no one I can contact directly, and I must rely on internal communications to get my question relayed to the right person.  That is what is frustrating for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.