Smart TV Internet Troubleshooting - Solutions from the Community
Learn how to resolve Intenet Issues on your Samsung, Sony, LG, and other Smart TVs
Did your smart TV recently lose its internet connection? If so, the following steps may help resolve the issues you are having.
Things to try for your SmartTV
- Make sure your internet is connection is working - use a laptop or smart device to verify.
- Verify the network settings on the TV, Network Name and Password, match what is on the modem.
- Reset the Modem.
- Reset the network settings on the TV - your instruction manual should have these steps listed.
- Unplug the TV from Power.
In some instances, you may need to go to the manufactures site for specific troubleshooting. You'll find a few below.
Step by step troubleshooting for your TV
In some instances, a firmware update to the TV has caused the issue. AT&T does not have the ability to resolve items of this nature. If you have other devices that are able to connect to the network, this tells us the internet connection is fine and the issue lies with the device. Contacting the manufacturer is highly recommended.
Losing Internet Connection?
If your TV is the only device losing connection, try changing the channel on the modem using Smart Home Manager. If the issue still occurs, it could be an issue with the TV, especially if other devices are not losing connection. If you are using a wired connection, try a different port or replace your cord, it may be damaged.
Samsung TV DNS Update
- Using your TV Remote: Press Menu then go to Settings > Network
- Select Network Settings > Start > IP Settings
- Select DNS mode. Verify tge green check is on "manual"
- Enter 8 8 8 8 and OK
The above steps may differ between Samsung devices. Make sure to post your finds or tips below.
David T, AT&T Community Specialist