add additional netowrk
Several related questions.
1) has the MDC been eliminated? I can get NONE of the links specified in any of the discussions and Users Guides to give me anything other than the 404 Page Not Found error.
2) Is there an updated version of the 2Wire Users guide, if so could you please provide a link? Nothing in the ones I have found correspond to anything I see currently displayed at 192.168.1.254.
3) How do I configure the 2Wire for it to recognize my NetGear router as being a router with attached devices? Is it through the "Add Additional Netowrk" in Broadband Link Configuration?
4) how can I set up my network for VPN? My presumption is that this would be covered in the Users guide for the MDC and adding additional netowrks. I've got multiple Puppy Linux systems, a Windows 7 desktop, and a Windows 8 laptop. I would like to be able to take my Windows 8 laptop on the road and be able to access a couple of files on the Windows 7 desktop. If necessary, I can reconfigure one of my Linux systems as a server. I would also like to be able to have all systems on the network recognize each other and their peripherals when I am home.
With no current updated documentation on the equipment it is next to impossible to do anything.
10 years ago
1. MDC was an older interface in older versions of the firmware. All of the functionality that was in the MDC is now available in the main pages of the 2Wire web interface.
2. No, there is no manual for the 2Wire routers that covers this version of the firmware. All the manuals I know about use the older interface.
3. See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:
4. For remote access to your home computers, I suggest a dedicated remote control access application that is designed for this purpose. Check out LogMeIn.com or Teamviewer.com.