2Wire Model 3801HGV: Intermittent restart of modem.
I've given up calling tech support at this point. This has been on ongoing issue since March of this year. Here's the run down. Appologize for the wall of text:
TL; DR: Modem intermittently restarts itself knocking me out of Wifi and TV service. Happens once or twice a week. Modem has been replaced with a brand new one (As of May I'm the first owner) and is connected directly to wall with it's own power supply.
- Setup service in March 2015.
- Not long after, I would get disconnected from wifi while on the computer or watching TV.
- I noticed that the lights on modem (which Is in the living room and I can see at all times) were all off except for the power. A few seconds later it would go off and then back on and I can hear a *click* sound indicating it restarting itself.
- Happened two to three more times, until I finally contacted tech support.
- Support did their thing, we ran speed tests, etc. They said everything looks fine on their end so they sent a tech to replace the modem.
- Modem is now replaced, but issue continued.
- Called support again, this time speed test results were very low, so they decided to replace it again with a brand new never before used modem.
- Issue persists.
- I later realized that the modem was connected to a VoIP backup battery power supply (I had VoIP service at one point but later disconnected ther service since I no longer needed it) and there was a yellow sticker in the back saying that that was a no-no.
- I called tech support again and had them send out a power adaptor for the modem only. They sent a tech for the 3rd time to re-check everything and I he gave me the new power adaptor and I direct connected to wall.
- Lo and behold. . .issue persists.
- Still happens about once or twice a week and i've just been living with it since.
Any help or suggestions from the community would be much appreciated.