Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
J

New Member

 • 

6 Messages

Mon, Jul 12, 2021 11:00 PM

no service available at address

My new construction home is nearly finished but I cannot find internet service.  There are 3 very large AT&T underground cable boxes on the street behind me.  My address is not in the database so no one will help me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

Are the addresses to immediate left and right of you in the database?

Do they have or can they order service?

If so, what speed tier?

My concern is you may be building in an area where service is not available, or if it is may not be the speed you desire.

3 platforms for ATT (UVERSE) internet 

Most common is FTTN or Fiber To The Node offering speeds of 100/20, 75/20, 50/10, 45/6, 25/5, 25/2 depending on the facilities available and your copper distance from the fiber VRAD. About 24 million addresses have this option.

Next with about 18 million addresses is ADSL2+ from either central office or remote terminal... best speed is 18/1 as copper length increases the speeds decrease to 10, 5, 3, 1.5  and last .76

The newest and current expansion is FTTP or direct fiber with speeds of 300, 500 or 1000 depending on what your willing to pay for. About 15 million addresses currently available with another 7 million being added over 2021-2022 expansion.

Finally there are a group of addresses (15 million) that will not be provided a hardwired connection but instead have 4G LTE, 5G or 5G+ cellular internet using the HOMEBASE (hotspot) or for 1.1 million Fixed Wireless antenna system installed by DirecTv. 

Constructive

Employee

 • 

29.9K Messages

1 year ago

You need to wait until your new construction has been added to the Usps database then do an availability check. 

Constructive

Employee

 • 

29.9K Messages

1 year ago

No

New Member

 • 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Oh ok.  That's'something.  Thank you.  Is there something I can do to get it added?

Constructive

Employee

 • 

29.9K Messages

1 year ago

It just gets added at some point

Constructive

Employee

 • 

29.9K Messages

1 year ago

You can try contacting the post office see where it’s at 

New Member

 • 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Yes. The house directly behind us is listed in AT&T availability as having service already.  those 3 big boxes are direct across the street from them.

I'm on century link 10 Mbits service now.  Anything more than that would be a bonus.  I would consider a wireless (cellular) solution but my son and I game a lot so I am concerned that we will eat up the data cap very quickly each month.  Satellite is not really an option, the gaming thing,   I have the star link system pre-ordered but I don't know if I will ever see it here in Central Florida.

I will look into the HOMEBASE solution if nothing comes from wired.

Thank you.

New Member

 • 

6 Messages

1 year ago

My thoughts, I just read your last line again.  " 1.1 million Fixed Wireless antenna system installed by DirecTv. "  How do I find out about that?

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

Not asking about what service is available on a different street.

What service is available to homes on your street?

If the provider is CenturyLink then that is who you need to order service from. Each ILEC controls (owns) the wiring in their location. Do not expect the companies to overbuild into a territory they do not control.

My zip code has (3) different ILEC telco providers, while ATT has about 90% of the addresses, Century Link and TDS have the other 10%.

In other zip codes ATT may be 20% or less while telco such as CenturyLink, Frontier, Windstream, etc may be the main provider for most addresses.

To change telco providers, need to change address to one serviced by the desired provider.

(edited)

New Member

 • 

6 Messages

1 year ago

And finally here is a pic of one of the boxes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.