Earbuds, cases, wireless speakers, and the latest devices. We've got the season's hottest gifts!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

New Member

 • 

4 Messages

Thu, Jun 2, 2022 8:25 PM

Possible sign of att fiber on its way?

Hi, today I got a letter in the mail for a promotion for AT&T fiber in my neighborhood, I do live in a neighborhood where there is no fiber available (10mbps copper, Internet 10) have not seen any activity in the neighborhood (trucks, spools, yards dug up, etc) so can I assume with this letter AT&T fiber is on its way?,  Thanks.

dave006

Scholar

 • 

3.3K Messages

6 months ago

Sorry but I would not assume that is a hint of things to come. There are currently sever AT&T and all Fiber ISPs have Supply Chain issues with all Fiber components and if they have not even started utility work it will quite a while or maybe never.

It looks more like a generic offer for an entire Zip code. Note: Do you have overhead or underground utilities? Overhead utilities would be faster and could be ready in as little as 90 days.

Dave

New Member

 • 

4 Messages

6 months ago

@dave006 

there are overhead power lines in my yard. But  that comes into the house through an underground line.

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.7K Messages

6 months ago

I would agree this likely refers to “area” which is zip code.

My zip code has over 14,500 residential addresses with ATT covering 90% and CenturyLink the other 10%. So let’s say ATT has 13,000 addresses, I would estimate current fiber coverage at around 30%~33% or around 5000. Result is 8000 addresses are hybrid fiber FTTN (speeds of 25-100) or ADSL2+ speeds of 18 or less.

As current fiber build out (additional 12 million within 21 states) will be (4) more years you should have your answer by 2026.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.