Missed Installation Date
I contacted AT&T about purchasing the fiber internet product on Wednesday, September 27. Both myself and the representative agreed that Saturday, September 30, would be the installation date. While waiting for the technician to arrive for installation, I received an email at 11:48 a.m. on Saturday morning, stating installation has been cancelled and a reschedule of service has been made for Monday afternoon on October 2. There are many problems with the way this cancellation has occurred:
1. My wife and I have a very inflexible schedules with work and school, so the new date automatically selected without our knowledge does not work.
2. Plans were made specifically to wait on your technician form 12:00-3:00 on a Saturday in which no acceptable notice of cancellation was given.
3. Due to the next available time of installation being Friday, October 6, our home security installation also has to be rescheduled.
4. No contact, other than an email 12 minutes before installation services were due to arrive, was made. It is unbelievable that a communications company fails entirely to communicate appropriately with its customers. I highly suggest implementing a system involving a phone call to the customer when you are completely dishonoring an agreement that you made.
5. After speaking with 5 customer service representatives at various locations, I still have not received an answer as to why my service was cancelled 12 minutes before due through an email.