Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Rubez83's profile

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 8, 2022 5:01 PM

Bring Fiber in to a neighbourhood

I just bought a lot and will build in the next year or so. Everyone in the community hates their internet options and wishes ATT Fiber would come in to the neighbourhood. How can we get in contact with ATT to request them to bring Fiber in to the community. There are 82 lots ranging from 1-7 acres with all single family homes and ranches.

ATTHelp

Community Support

 • 

200.3K Messages

2分前

Here to help get fiber to your community, @Rubez83.

 

Take a look at this reference information on how to get Fiber at your neighborhood.

 

You can also get notified here when service becomes available in your area.

 

In the meantime, we recommend you try one of the following options to get TV and internet to your home:

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

 

Latoya, AT&T Community Specialist

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.5K Messages

2分前

A couple of questions…

1) Who is the ILEC for the area, local telephone carrier, some possible options may include ATT, CenturyLink, Fairpoint (Consolidated Communications), Frontier, WindStream, etc. 

ATT needs to be the ILEC as not expected to build out into a different providers territory.

2) Does ATT offer ANY internet speed tier to the neighborhood?
80% (60 million) of residential addresses have some platform (ADSL2+ speeds up to 18… VDSL FTTN speeds if 25 to 100… or FTTP fiber speeds of 300 or greater). The other 20% (15 million) will have cellular hotspot option with 1 million of those having Fixed Wireless option in selected areas of 18 states.

ATT Fiber upgrades are mainly aimed at FTTN neighborhoods where fiber is already to the VRAD requiring just covering last copper distance (known as last mile) with fiber.

3) Is local cable company an available option? If yes at what speed?

4) population density, housing proximity? 


With limited annual budget and desire to add 3 million addresses per year (5% of total addresses) this includes all new GREENFIELD construction projects of apartment / condo complex and new single family subdivision. The larger the lot sizes and more distance between homes is not good… 2 city blocks of 660 ft by 330 ft each or 660 ft by 660 ft is 10 acres, you reference some home are a city block by themselves that could easily be 10 homes in the city block. Makes more sense to run fiber to where the majority are as cost per foot would be similar meaning spending 10x the cost to reach the one versus the 10.

5) Stated goal of reaching 30 million addresses (50% of footprint) by 2026 with over 18 million already reached leaves just 12 million more to go.


https://www.lightwaveonline.com/fttx/ftth-b/article/14235509/att-plans-to-double-fiber-footprint


plans include significant focus on fiber and 5G, including increasing the service provider’s fiber footprint to more than 30 million locations by 2025, …….

In 2022, AT&T expects total capital expenditure (capex) of approximately $24 billion – a level it also will reach in 2023. Capex should then decline to the $20 billion range starting in 2024.

(edited)

New Member

 • 

2 Messages

2分前

How do I find out who the ILEC is?  There is AT&T Fiber less than a mile away in other neighbourhoods. 

my thoughts

Employee

 • 

19.5K Messages

2分前

ILEC 

An incumbent local exchange carrier (ILEC) is a local telephone company which held the regional monopoly on landline service before the market was opened to competitive local exchange carriers, or the corporate successor of such a firm.

Who would provide home telephone service for your address…

in my zip 53188, ATT covers 90% of the estimated 15,000 addresses while CenturyLink covers the other 10%. To change your ILEC means moving to an address the desired ILEC covers.

Current estimate of ATT 75 million residential addresses in 100+ markets within selected areas of 21 states.

FTTN deployed from 2006 to end 2015 reached 33 million within then footprint, suspect about 21 million still FTTN in 2022.

ADSL2+ also part of the 10 year Uverse upgrade as FTTN reached 24 million end 2015 with estimated 19 million today

FTTP which your are inquiring about is currently 19+  million with goal of 30+ million by 2026.

Legacy DSL not upgraded mainly rural, semi rural where ATT says not economically feasible to provide hardwired service estimated 15 million.

Less than a mile away, if ATT is the ILEC offering hardwired Uverse platform from .76, 1.5, 3, 5, 10, 18, 25, 50, 75, or 100 remember the goal 50% will have direct fiber and 50% will not within next 3.5 years. Which part of the 30 million your neighborhood will be in will be determined by then. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.