Port Forwarding on BGW210-700 doesn't work. Has never worked.
I have a BGW210-700 as my gateway. I have never been able to get port forwarding for any services to work correctly with it. I've attempted forwarding ports for a Minecraft Server, for a Valheim Server, for an SSH server on my home Linux server. I have done a factory reset multiple times. Port forwarding has worked flawlessly when I do IP passthrough to a different device. If I rely on AT&T's provided gateway for port forwarding, it works 1 out of every 25 or so attempts, and otherwise results in a timeout. I am on firmware 4.22.5.
I've followed this documentation to a tee multiple times. https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1215101/
Will AT&T replace my gateway with one that works if I call? If I'm forced to rent the gateway, it should work as it's supposed to. My screenshots show that:
- Port forwarding is configured to forward to the device "abyss"
- Abyss has an IP address of 192.168.1.88 permanently assigned to it.
- Verifying that abyss is resolving to 192.168.1.88
- Verification of my public facing ip address.
- ssh failing to connect to my public facing IP address via the WAN.
- ssh connecting correctly when doing it via the LAN.