Recover Lost Data - Android
Learn How To Recover Your Android Data and How To Create a Backup
If data was erased because of a restore or factory reset you had to perform on your device, there are some options to restore what was lost!
Note: Most restore options are downloaded from the cloud. In some instances, accounts must be setup prior to a restore.
Restoring Data On An Android Device - Google Drive
If you see the Hello Screen, just follow the onscreen setup until you reach the Apps & Data screen. From there. Make to stay connected to Wi-Fi until the restore is complete.
1. Go To Settings
2. Cloud and Accounts
3. Back up and restore
4. Select Restore
5. Select Device - you will see an option of restore points/ dates
6. Select Restore Now
Note: This option restores data like Phone, clock, home screen, apps, settings, message, and documents
Tips: Backup your device often. To backup your Android device:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Cloud and accounts.
3. Select Backup and restore.
4. Select Backup my data
5. You have the 2 options backup your data. 1.) enable Auto Back Up by sliding dot to the right as shown below. 2.) Using the Back Up Now feature to update your device on your own time if you do not wish to activate Auto Back Up
Backing up images
You have a few options to back up your photos including:
• SD cards (if your phone allows this option.)
• The cloud.
If you wish to use the cloud, Google Photos is an option. To back up your photos:
1. Open the Google Photos app .
2. Sign in to your Google Account.
3. At the top left, tap Menu.
4. Select Settings > Back up & sync.
5. Tap "Back up & sync" on or off. If "Back up & sync" is on, you can choose what and when to back up.
-ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService