Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Device Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A)
Hello Samsung Users!
As of 8/26/2016, Android Marshmallow has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S5!
Thank you to the community over on this thread; we couldn't have done it without you!
Check out att.com/softwareupdates or keep reading for more details.
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
7 years ago
Device Update Enhancements:
User Initiated Software Update
5. Tap OK
6. Select Continue or remind me later
7. Tap Continue
8. Tap “Done”
Device Initiated Software Update – Customer Notifications may be sent to the Samsung Galaxy S 6 devices. The device will automatically search for updates within the schedule of 8 hours/ 30 days/ 6 months /12 months upon activation or after factory reset. Installation can be postponed up to three times in four hour intervals for up to 12 hours. The software update requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin.
1. Notification - AT&T software update
2. Tap Continue or Postpone
3. Status Message: Software update… Processing… The download for the software update will begin in a moment. The software download may take several minutes
4. Status Message: Downloading…
5. Tap Continue
6. The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.
7. Status Message: Update Complete: The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use
8. Tap Done
New Software Specifications:
Software Version Verification: