Transferring phone number to a prepaid account (prepaid sim not working after a week has passed)
I was transferring phone number from another carrier service to AT&T. I chose the 12-month prepaid plan online. I received the new sim card on the second day, and it said there's no need for me to activate a prepaid account. But my phone number was not transferred to the new sim card after a week has passed (more than 5 business days), and I could not create an AT&T account using that number. When I tracked the transfer status of my old phone number, it said that the transfer process had been approved by my old carrier service and was waiting for me to activate the sim card. I'm really confused now because there's no place for me to activate a prepaid SIM, and no charge has been placed on my debit card which I provided when ordering the prepaid sim. I tried dialing customer service numbers but I could not get to speak with any human, and going to retail stores didn't help either. Is there any way for me to know what's going on with the transfer process and prepaid account?
ACE - Sage
1 year ago
I'm not sure what happened, but something got skipped.
This info is what should have happened, hopefully enough info and phone numbers to get you back up and running.
AT&T Prepaid $300 for 12 months Promo (ADVICE WHEN SIGNING UP)
After signing up for AT&T Prepaid and the $300 promo offer and having issues with activation:
1. Sign up via website and fill in all appropriate information including porting info, shipping address, credit card, etc. SIM card may be shipped overnight via FedEx.
2. Once you receive your SIM card and have your phone ready, call 866 975 0050 to activate via phone and have your AT&T Order # handy.
4. Explain you'd like to activate your service and provide phone number, SIM card and IMEI. The agent will then ask you for payment to activate service.
5. \*\*THIS IS IMPORTANT\*\* To avoid getting double charged, tell them you've already provided that when you ordered and tell them they can do this via your AT&T Order #. Provide that to them and do NOT provide a credit/debit card to them.
6. If they claim they can't do this, ask to speak with a supervisor or someone else. Your account will be activated and within 30 minutes or so the payment of $300 + taxes will get charged to your credit card you provided during the initial order. Your service will not work until this payment is applied, but in my experience it took anywhere from 5 min to 25 min.
7. Once this is complete, you can setup your account online and manage your account via the website: [https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html](https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html)
If you provided a credit card number and end up getting charged twice, call the AT&T Payments/Refunds line at: 866 608 3007 and they will look up your account and process the refund.
1 year ago
Thank you so much. I just got my sim card activated. It's weird though, that AT&T let the problem persist for 2 years.
ACE - Sage
1 year ago
Glad it helped!