Mobile Voicemail Help & Troubleshooting: AT&T Forum Solutions
Learn how to setup your voicemail and how to fix basic issues
AT&T voicemail takes the answering machine to the next level. Get voice messages when you are not available to answer your phone and check the messages easily when you do have some free time. Learn everything you need to know about your AT&T voicemail, including, setting it up, using visual voicemail, resetting the password, and other helpful troubleshooting steps if you run into any issues.
- From your mobile phone, press and hold 1 or the Voicemail key.
- Do one of the following:
- For a new voicemail box—follow the prompts to create your password and greeting.
- For an existing voicemail box—enter your password if prompted. Your voicemail greeting and messages will transfer over to your new phone.
Heads up: If you did not set up your voicemail within the first couple of weeks of getting your device, you may need to contact us to resolve this.
- For AT&T Visual Voicemail app for Android, tap the AT&T Visual Voicemail app .
- For all other types of Visual Voicemail, tap Phone > Voicemail.
- Tap to select the desired voicemail message. Tap the Play icon if it doesn’t play automatically.
- Tap the Pause icon to pause playback.
- Tap the Delete icon to delete the selected voicemail message.
Visual Voicemail messages download to your smartphone over a wireless cellular data connection.
You can also access your voicemail in the following way:
- From your AT&T wireless phone, press and hold 1. For AT&T Wireless Home Phone, dial 1.
- If prompted, enter your voicemail password. Any new unheard messages will begin to play.
- If you don't have new voicemail, press 1 to listen to your saved messages. Messages play beginning with your first (oldest) unheard message or first (oldest) saved message.
First, make sure you're in an AT&T wireless coverage area or you won't be able to create a new voicemail password.
- Go to your account overview and open the My Wireless section.
- Scroll to My devices & add-ons and choose the device you want to manage.
- Select Manage my device.
- Under Device options & settings, choose Reset voicemail password and follow the prompts.
If you are noticing issues with your voicemail not working, try the following steps to resolve it.
- If you are getting an error that there is no voicemail or it is not setup, try setting up your voicemail once again.
- Get more information from our FAQ page.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.